~ Indispensable tool for people who write important emails, documents, and web contents ~
If you are a manager, sales person or customer service personnel who sends loads of important e-mails every day, I’m quite confident you would greatly value the quality of your grammar and, you most certainly understand the benefits of having an automated proofreader while writing your emails. In this Grammarly review, I have attempted to give you a peek of what to expect from Grammarly.
So, let’s head straight into the Grammarly review.
Grammarly Review: Basic Things You Should Know
Grammarly helps you check and correct the following:
- Contextual Spelling: It checks for wrongly spelled words as well as wrong contexts.
- Grammar & Punctuations: Grammarly checks your emails (or any other content) for grammatical errors, incorrect punctuations, and redundant punctuations or words.
- Sentence Structure: It checks for bad sentence structures and helps reorder the phrases. Grammarly also suggests better words to replace overused or inadequate words. It notifies you of redundant words and makes it easy to replace them.
- Plagiarism: This is particularly important for people who create contents for the public web. Grammarly checks if what you have written appears anywhere else on the internet. It identifies the source for you and shows you the percentage unoriginality of the content.
- Many more.
Grammarly Review: One Thing This App Does Not Do
Grammarly does not replace the human eye. It only minimizes human error to a very large extent and also improves professionalism in writing.
Here’s a report on Grammarly’s website:
Grammarly Review: One Good Thing
You can use it for free and later upgrade if you need the premium features.
Grammarly Review: How Can You Use Grammarly?
Grammarly is very simple to use.
Grammarly provides alternative ways to access the application and proofread your contents on the go:
Whether you are using Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox, you can easily download their browser extension to help check and correct every content that goes through the browser.
Microsoft Office Add-in
You can install Grammarly’s desktop app to be able to create contents directly in the app and get them corrected easily.
On Grammarly’s website, you can directly create a new document or paste your content for checking and correction.
Grammarly Review: How to Use Grammarly to Improve My Emails
Let’s take a closer look at how Grammarly will help you proofread your emails
I. Grammarly with Microsoft Outlook
Once you have the Grammarly Add-in installed for Microsoft Office, you can enable or disable its functions at any time. Here’s an example of grammarly enabled in Outlook.
2. Grammarly with Gmail
If you have the Grammarly browser extensions installed, it will help proofread your emails while you are typing. It will then provide the solutions you need.
3. Grammarly with Yahoo Mail
With the browser extension installed, Grammarly proofreads every email you create while you are still typing.
Grammarly works with a lot more websites including the social media and others.
Grammarly Review: The Free Version or The Premium Version?
An easy way out is to start with the free version and later upgrade to the premium version. I will let you make this decision but let’s tabulate the major differences between the free and the premium version first:
|Premium Grammarly||Free Grammarly|
|> Catch contextual spelling and grammar mistakes||> Catch contextual spelling and grammar mistakes|
|> Over 250 critical grammar and spelling checks||> Only 150 critical grammar and spelling checks|
|> Provides Vocabulary enhancement suggestions||> No Vocabulary enhancement suggestions|
|> Check Genre-specific writing style checks||> Does not check Genre-specific writing style checks|
|> Has Plagiarism detector that checks more than 8 billion web pages||> No plagiarism detection|