Get Rid of Poor Grammar, Punctuation, & Spelling Mistakes In Your Emails
Your grammar, spelling, and punctuation can make or mar your professional branding. They can determine whether or not you get a job or contract. They can affect your grades in school or how your colleagues perceive you at work. Fortunately, it is easy to avoid bad spellings & punctuation issues in your writings permanently.
Have you ever sent an email right before realizing there was a spelling mistake or punctuation error in it? Whether you are a native or non-native English writer, this article will make Grammarly your next best friend. Grammarly can set you on the path to writing highly professional content and emails.
Here’s a quick test to help you discover your English capability
I created this article without the help of Grammarly to show you how well Grammarly captures errors and helps you as a writer. This article has several misspelled words. I have misspelled some of them intentionally, and others are because my spelling is pretty lousy (my grammar’s terrible too). Let’s see the number of misspelled words and grammar errors you will find on your own.
Introduction to Grammarly
Grammarly help you write profesionally and confidently on Gmail, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Tumblr and millions of other websites. It shows you puntuation errors, weak spelling structures and spelling mistakes; then, it lets you make necessary correction with just one click. It was built by the world’s leading linguists to make writting good English very easy for you. It is a full-service spelling, grammar, and plagiarism checker as well as a proofreader, but there’s more.
Grammarly is an indispensable tool for people who write important emails, documents, and web contents. If you are a manager, salesperson or customer service personnel who sends loads of official emails every day, I’m quite confident you would value the quality of your grammar. If you do, the best thing that can happen to you now is to have an automated grammar checker and proofreader while writing your contents and emails.
Grammarly does this and a lot more.
Grammarly proofreads, shows you corrections, and gives you the capacity to correct your grammar with a single click. Grammarly’s tooltip also provide explanations of these issues so you actually become a better writer by using Grammarly.
Essential Things You Should Know About Grammarly
Grammarly is an online proofreading and vocabulary enhancement tool to help you proofread the contents you create on a computer or the web.
Grammarly helps you with:
- Contextual Spelling: It checks for wrongly spelled words as well as wrong contexts.
- Grammar & Punctuation: Grammarly checks your emails (or any other content) for grammatical errors, incorrect punctuation, and redundant punctuation or words.
- Sentence Structure: It checks for lousy sentence structures and helps reorder the phrases. Grammarly also suggests better words to replace overused or inadequate words. It notifies you of redundant words and makes it easy to replace them.
- Vocabulary Enhancement: Grammarly suggests better and alternatively vocabularies to help improve your writing.
- Grammar Education: Grammarly explains grammar rules to you, and thereby improve your grammar.
- Plagiarism: This is particularly important for people who create contents for the public web. Grammarly (Premium Version) checks 16 billion web pages to let you know if what you have written appears anywhere else on the internet. It identifies the source for you and shows you the percentage unoriginality of the content.
- Many more.
How Can You Use Grammarly?
Grammarly is very simple to use. You can use it for free if you are on a low budget and later upgrade to access the premium features. However, I suggest that you opt for the premium version as soon as you can, preferable one-year subscription or at the very least quarterly subscription to maximize your investment. The cost of using Premium Grammarly is nothing compared to the value you will get if you create contents in English regularly, be it emails, blog posts, reports, documents, or any other kind of written communication.
One premium Grammarly account will serve you across browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari and others) and devices (desktop app, mobile keyboard). Aside these, you can also proofread your content directly in Grammarly’s web application or via their desktop app.
Grammarly provides alternative ways to access their services and proofread your contents on the go. They include:
- Browser Extensions: You can easily add Grammarly’s browser extensions like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Microsoft Office Extension/Add-in: You can download Grammarly Ms. Office Add-in and install it on your computer.
- Desktop App: You can download and install Grammarly’s desktop app.
- Web App: On Grammarly’s website, you can upload or paste your files into a dashboard to proofread them.
- Mobile App for iOS and Android devices: Grammarly’s mobile app is a keyboard that you can download from Play Store and install on your device. It acts as a constant editing companion for all of your text messages and mobile content - showing you spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors and allowing you to make corrections quickly. It’s highly beneficial for the business person on the go.
- Others are Outlook app for Microsoft Office, Google Docs Extension, and Plagiarism Checker.
- Human Review: You can even get expert proofreaders (human) to review your contents and emails at an additional fee. You can get your content reviewed in as early as 30 minutes.
Can Grammarly Help You Improve My Emails?
Yes, we recommend Grammarly for everyone, from high school and college students to educators, professionals and business persons. Grammarly will help check and correct errors and help you create more effective emails, social media posts, official documents, and other written correspondence you may have to send to a client or superior.
I. Grammarly with Microsoft Outlook
Once you have the Grammarly add-in installed for Microsoft Office, it will help proofread all your emails via Ms. Outlook. You can enable or disable its functions at any time.