Invitations are the hallmarks of any event, whether formal or informal and a business dinner invitation email is not left out. Companies, businesses, or organizations host dinners for many reasons which can be to mark the end of a business year, to meet investors, to mark anniversaries, and so on.
While an invitation to a casual dinner party might not require something formal, a business dinner on the other hand would require a more formal mode of invitation. The invitation letter should be one of the first things that the host does.
Although invitations have traditionally been sent through the mail, formal invitations such as emails and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable.
In this blog post, we are going to share tips on how to write a business dinner invitation email and include additional templates for writing a business dinner invitation email.
What is a Business Dinner invitation Email?
A business dinner invitation email is written when a business or company wishes to invite guests to celebrate in the form of a dinner for a particular reason. This letter is written by the business or company inviting respective guests for example family, friends, and employees for the dinner. It contains important information about the dinner such as the time, date, location, and address of the guests.
This letter is written to extend an invitation to respective guests that you would like to attend the dinner party. It often demonstrates the importance of the presence of the invited guests. It also highlights the purpose of the dinner to enable the guests to prepare beforehand.
Tips for writing a Business Dinner invitation Email
1. State the purpose of the event.
This is to give your invited guest an idea of what they are being invited to. It might be to host some investors, Mark the end of a business year, celebrate the company's anniversary among others. This makes your invited guests prepare beforehand.
2. Give important details about the dinner party.
This should include information like the date, time, location, address among others.
3. Write a compelling welcome invitation phrases
The invitation phrase depends on the company and occasion. Examples of accepted welcome invitations include:
- Invites you to
- Cordially invites you to
- Requests the pleasure of your company at
- requests your presence at
- Request your attendance
- requests the honour of your presence
While the type of occasion can include
- To our dinner party
- To our business dinner
- Anniversary dinner
- Meet and greet
4. Provide the RSVP information
If you are using the RSVP features, make sure to include the date it needs to be turned in. Some hosts might ask their guests if they are bringing someone along with them or if they are coming or not.
Make sure to send the invitation email on time to get responses back. For example, if the event is going to be in a month, give yourself at least two weeks before the actual event to get their responses back in case you have to make some adjustments.
5. Additional information
Close the email invitation with any other helpful or supplementary information like the dress code, parking instruction, availability of valet parking, etc. You can also include other information like musical guests, keynote speakers, menus, or just about anything that would make the guest more prepared for the dinner.
What to Include in a Business Dinner Email Invitation
- Names of the host: Include the name of the organization or company that is hosting the dinner
- Invitation phrase: Include a nice invitation phrase to make your guest feel important. For example,
“YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED”
- State the nature and purpose of the dinner party: Let your guest know if they will be preparing for an anniversary dinner, a business partnership dinner, meet and greet dinner etc.
- Date and time The date and time are some of the most important parts of an invitation letter. Make sure it is clearly written and do not abbreviate. For example, You can write “Monday, July 19, at 7:00 P.M.”
- Address or Location– The address of where the event will be held is another important part of an invitation letter, make sure it is clearly stated. You can include a map with the invitation to make it easier for your guest to locate your venue.
- RSVP Information– Include the address or phone number where your guest can send their RSVP.
Example of a Business Dinner Invitation Email.
Sample for an Anniversary Business Dinner Invitation Template
Dear colleagues, My name is Bob Scott, the social media manager of Lydiaconnect Solutions and I wish to extend my invitation to you to a gala dinner on behalf of Lydiaconnect Solutions. As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of this prestigious company, we wish to do this with a gala dinner. The gala dinner will take place in the conference room of Lydiaconnect Solutions on the 10th of September 2021 at 6 pm. It has been a wonderful experience working with you all. You all have contributed a great deal to the success of this company through your hard work and dedication. This gala dinner is prepared to appreciate you all for your work and to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Note that this is a formal dinner and you are expected to be in a black suit and a blue tie to reflect the company’s colour. Please confirm your attendance by the latest 31st of August 2021. If you have a special request for meals, parking space, or inviting guests please do so in writing to my email [email protected] I hope that you will find time to come celebrate the success of this great company. Warm regards, Bob Scott
Sample of a Business Dinner invitation Email celebrating a Business Partnership
Mr Ashley Moore. President at Gloryville Industries To: [email protected] CC: [email protected] Subject: business dinner invitation email Dear Partners, It is my pleasure to invite you as the President of Gloryville Industries for an official business dinner next month. This business dinner is to celebrate our 10 years partnership with your company. This meeting will discuss the journey so far as well as future opportunities. The dinner will centre on the ongoing business partnership deal while discussing the major terms and the distribution of duties. This business dinner will be held on the 27th of September at 7PM. You can come with three extra team members. I am really looking forward to this meeting and am eager to seal this deal between our companies. Thanking you Yours sincerely Ashley Moore President Gloryville Industries
Sample for Annual Dinner Business Invitation Email to Employees
Dear Staff Members, I want to take the time to congratulate you on the completion of yet another successful financial year. It is because of your hard work and dedication that we were able to complete all our projects for the year 2021 and also start with various new projects which will move the company forward and generate more revenues. At, Springvale Construction we consider our staff as part of our family and that’s why we like to celebrate you and your families at the end of each year to appreciate your efforts and good works. Please consider this email a formal invitation extended to you and to your family for the Annual Dinner Party 2021. Below are some details you might find important: Date: 30th November 2021 Venue: Springvale Hotels Timings: 7.00 p.m. onwards I hope you will find the time to come celebrate with other employees and their families. Regards, Richard Lyons Executive Officer Springvale Constructions.
Since the dinner is formal and business-oriented, there is a certain etiquette you must follow in order to ensure perfect documentation of a business dinner email.
You should keep your email:
- Short: An invitation email doesn't have to be long. A short but concise and well detailed invitation will do just fine. This shows that you value the time of your recipient and appreciate their efforts to squeeze time out of their busy schedule to read and respond to the email.
- Formal: The tone has to be formal and polite yet engainging and compelling. Make sure you use a professional font and avoid writing in all caps.
- Avoid Mistakes: The email must be properly addressed and devoid of any spelling and grammar mistakes whatsoever. Make sure you give all the neccessary information in the email . The content should also be accurately stated. Make use of grammarly or any other grammar checker to proof read your email.